Did You Know…
- Stroke is the second cause of death worldwide and the #1 cause of adult disability
- There are approx 20 million stroke survivors worldwide
- Every 45 seconds someone has a stroke
- Every 3 minutes someone in the USA dies from a stroke
- Stroke kills 2.5 times more women than breast cancer
- Nearly 50% more women than men have a stroke
Valerie receives Celebration of Life award
Walt Disney World® Half Marathon
In spite of her paralyzed foot and limp, Valerie completed the 13.1 mile half marathon in 3.5 hours and was awarded the top fundraiser in the country for the January 2004 Train to End Stroke marathon.
Valerie credits her strength to her faith, positive attitude, and circle of support
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.